You have perhaps bought a new Netgear WiFi router, tried to configure it and have stuck with the process. This post will show you how to log in to your Netgear router and what settings you should tweak to make sure you are enjoying the high-speed internet.
You can set up your Netgear router using two different ways, either by logging in from your PC through a web browser or by using an app from your device. let’s walk through both the ways one by one.
How to log in to Netgear router using the web browser
- First of all, you need to launch your preferred web browser and type the default web address routerlogin.net in the URL bar.
- You can also access routerlogin.com if routerlogin.net is not working for you.
- Proceed further by hitting Enter.
- Doing so will show you the router login window. Now, you are required to enter your username and password.
- Type in your credentials and hit Sign in
- That’s it! You have successfully performed the Netgear login router.
How to log in to Netgear router via the mobile app
If you want to configure your WiFi device using your mobile phone, then the Netgear app can make this possible. To set up your router via an app, all you need to do is:
- Locate the Netgear Nighthawk app on Google Play or Apple App Store as per the availability of your device.
- Next, download and install the app on your device and run it by accepting terms and conditions.
- To proceed further, you need to create a Netgear account. In case you already own a Netgear account, then hit the Login button.
- You’ll then be asked to fill in your email address as well as a password.
- Fill the details and hit Log In.
- If you don’t have an account, then opt for Create Account option and fill the necessary details.
- Once done, you will be prompted to log in to the Netgear router using your admin credentials.
- Enter your username and password, and then tap on the Sign In option.
- That’s it! You have now logged in to your Netgear router.
In case even after following the above steps, you are not able to log in to your Netgear router, then you are advised to get in touch with expert technicians for instant Netgear router troubleshooting.
Okay, after successfully logging in to your Netgear router, you might be interested to know various commonly used options and ways to tweak them. Here’s how to tweak various settings of your Netgear Router.
- Device Manager
Device Manager lets you check the list of devices attached to your Netgear router and home network. Accessing the option, you can check how many devices are hooked up to your WiFi network. Best of all, you can also select devices that should not be get connected to your network. Besides, if you click on any particular device, you can also block it, only if needed.
2. Guest Network
As the name implies, this is an alternate network that you can set up on your Netgear router for guests visiting you. Doing so will not let you lose the security of your main home network. To set it up, simply navigate to Guest Network by accessing the main menu and enable it. You can also rename the Guest Network if you fancy and select WPA2 for security.
QoS is short of Quality of Service. This option lets you prioritize various devices when it comes to upload or download bandwidth they fetch. To use this, you can simply click and drag the number or percentages you want to distribute to your preferred device. Remember, this will take away percentage share away from other devices to balance everything. You can anytime reset percentage distribution as per your need.
Here’s to hope that these tweaks will help you make the most of your Netgear router. Enjoy surfing!